The Introduction to Electronic Data Destruction Operations Course is designed to educate participants on the basics of data destruction processes in electronics recycling and reuse environments, and enable participants to identify the potential threats, vulnerabilities, inconsistencies and incompatibilities that can impact data destruction operations. In this two-and-a-half hour course, we cover terms & definitions, common data destruction methods including physical destruction, degaussing and data wiping procedures and their associated strengths & weaknesses, quality control, reporting and employee training. At completion of this course, participants will have a strong understanding of how to implement and evaluate data destruction processes.
This Course covers the following topics:
- Intro to Data Destruction Operations Handout
- Section 1: Terms & Definitions
- Section 2: Strengths & Weaknesses of Common Data Destruction Methods
- Section 3: Identifying Data Bearing Devices
- Section 4: Identifying Storage Types
- Section 5: Quality Control Practices
- Section 6: Reporting
- Section 7: Employee Training
- Section 8: Facility Security Best Practices
- Section 9: The Guidelines & Standards – Relevant and Irrelevant
- Final Exam
Who Should Attend?
Learners will have 30 days to complete this course from the day they are enrolled in the course.